Help support Yvonne, Melody, Megan and Rob this Sunday 9th March at 7.30am outside the Waipu Surf Club for a 10km walk or run
Only $20 per adult or $5 per child with all money going to their fundraising target for Oxfam.
With a 5km and 10km run or walk, a 30km off road mountain bike race or the Top of the Rock Adventure Challenge which is a testing 10km cross country run followed by a 15km off road mountain bike course.
This is the fourth year this local event has been running, with awesome feedback from previous participants.
You can enter as an individual completing the 500m swim (or 1.5km Kayak), 20km bike ride and 5km run or you can enter as a team.
And for the first time this year you can contact Sport Northland saying you want to do e.g. the bike ride and they will hook you up with other team members to do the other disciplines.
This is a really great course, with the swim/ kayak done with tide assistance. The ride which has a hill section, but nothing too crazy and a short 5km run, which is over before you know it.
With all these options there are no excuses for giving it a go……so go on, start the year with any or all of these sporting disciplines.
Just think a triathlon today, could become a half iron man tomorrow!!!!
Week 16th December – Normal Classes
Week 21st December
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS EVE TIMETABLE – Tuesday 24th December – Spinning at 7am, ViPR Group at 8.15am and Pump at 9am (MUST WEAR CHRISTMAS ATTIRE)
Friday 27th December – Spinning at 7am, ViPR Group at 8.15am and Pump at 9am
Saturday 28th December – Spinning at 7.30am
Week 30th December
Monday 30th December – Pump at 9am, ViPR Group at 5.20pm, Power Circuit at 6pm, Spinning at 7.15pm
Thursday 2nd January –ViPR Group at 5.20pm, Pump at 6pm and Spinning at 7.15pm
Friday 3rd January – Spinning at 8.30am
Saturday 4th January – Spinning at 7.30am
Week 6th January – No classes this week
Week 13th January
Monday 13th January – Pump at 9am, ViPR Group at 5.20pm, Power Circuit at 6pm, Spinning at 7.15pm
Tuesday 14th January – Spinning at 6pm
Wednesday 15th January – Spinning at 6am
Thursday 16th January –ViPR Group at 5.20pm, Pump at 6pm and Spinning at 7.15pm
Friday 17th January – Spinning at 8.30am
Saturday 18th January – Spinning at 7.30am
Week 20th January – Back to normal classes
1) Try putting food into things such as shot glasses or smaller serving dishes, so that you limit your portion sizes…..especially for those treat foods
2) Use as much whole foods as possible. There is nothing wrong with yummy seafood, turkey, salads, fresh fruit and vegetables as well as a selection of nuts. Having a delicious Christmas dinner doesn’t have to mean “junk” food
3) Have brunch and a afternoon/ evening meal. Try having a brunch with eggs and bacon, maybe some fresh blueberries, strawberries, cherries or other special seasonal fruits then have an early dinner so you have two nice meals and avoid overeating.
4) Include some exercise in your day. Swim at the beach, go for a walk, whatever rocks your boat. The days when you ate too much, felt so stuffed that couldn’t move and spent the next few hours comatosed in the arm chair should be well gone! Remember plan the exercise in, rain or shine and you will energised and on top of the world.
5) Play, play and play some more. Watch the kids around you being active, laughing and enjoying the simplest things. It can be board games, Frisbee, hide and seek or why not invent your own! As adults we often forget what it is like to just be a kid and play………..
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Day however or whoever you share it with.
24A Argyle Street, Waipu
Scout Den, Braemar Lane, Waipu