GET INTO THOSE GREENS!!!!
We all know that greens are not good but GREAT for you…….so I thought I would type a list of yummy greens that can be used as veges and in Salads
BOK CHOY/ CHINESE CABBAGE
Grill, BBQ, Steam or stir fry these veges or for some make a beautiful raw platter. For others they are perfect for salads……
See the following three easy as recipes for some yummy ideas:
OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
1 Courgette, cut into pieces
1 yellow butternut
1 each red and green capsicum, cut into chunks
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into pieces
1 red onion
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Heat oven to 200°. Place vegetables in a roasting
pan. Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer.
for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender.
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, halved
- 1 Bowl of lettuce (preferably baby lettuce leaf or cos lettuce)
- 200g of cooked free range chicken, diced
- 2 slices free range bacon, cooked
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Hard-boil eggs, cool and remove shells.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon, grill chicken and dice.
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Divide lettuce between two plates, top with vegetables, eggs, avocado and meat.
2 x bunches of asparagus
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1 x teaspoon of balsalmic vinegar
sea salt and black pepper to taste
TAKE TWO BUNCHES OF ASPARAGUS
PUT ONE TABLESPPON OF OLIVE OIL AND HEAT UP FRYING PAN
You Might Also Enjoy Reading
- ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT FOR MUD, MUD GLORIOUS MUD - July 6th, 2014
- Ride Rotorua this year with a twist..... - July 6th, 2014
- BROCCOLI SOUP - THE PERFECT, SIMPLE, WINTER WARMER - July 6th, 2014
- MAKE THE NEXT 6 WEEKS COUNT - July 6th, 2014
- XRACE Grand Final 2014 - May 4th, 2014