5 TIPS TO AVOID BLOWING OUT ON CHRISTMAS DAY
As the big day gets nearer, I have clients suddenly asking “how do I cope with all that food?”
Here are a few more tips to help you manage the big day!
1) Try putting food into things such as shot glasses or smaller serving dishes, so that you limit your portion sizes…..especially for those treat foods
2) Use as much whole foods as possible. There is nothing wrong with yummy seafood, turkey, salads, fresh fruit and vegetables as well as a selection of nuts. Having a delicious Christmas dinner doesn’t have to mean “junk” food
3) Have brunch and a afternoon/ evening meal. Try having a brunch with eggs and bacon, maybe some fresh blueberries, strawberries, cherries or other special seasonal fruits then have an early dinner so you have two nice meals and avoid overeating.
4) Include some exercise in your day. Swim at the beach, go for a walk, whatever rocks your boat. The days when you ate too much, felt so stuffed that couldn’t move and spent the next few hours comatosed in the arm chair should be well gone! Remember plan the exercise in, rain or shine and you will energised and on top of the world.
5) Play, play and play some more. Watch the kids around you being active, laughing and enjoying the simplest things. It can be board games, Frisbee, hide and seek or why not invent your own! As adults we often forget what it is like to just be a kid and play………..
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Day however or whoever you share it with.
You Might Also Enjoy Reading
- ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT FOR MUD, MUD GLORIOUS MUD - July 6th, 2014
- Ride Rotorua this year with a twist..... - July 6th, 2014
- BROCCOLI SOUP - THE PERFECT, SIMPLE, WINTER WARMER - July 6th, 2014
- MAKE THE NEXT 6 WEEKS COUNT - July 6th, 2014
- XRACE Grand Final 2014 - May 4th, 2014