Another Taupo Cycle Challenge in the bag ! But this one wasn’t easy, it sure was blowing out there.
The headwind had kicked in on the way out of Taupo which meant staying in a bunch was definitely the way to go. Then along past Turangi with a tail wind giving you helping hand along the flats then a well-timed push up to the top of Hapete Hill.
Up next, the homeward stretch back into Taupo the crosswind pushing you horizontal and having to lean into it at 45o . It was more of a slog than sprint to reach the finish line and it sure felt good to make it.
The Tough Torque team was 11 strong this year and after a year of training at Spinning classes and on the road everyone was ready to go.
Whether they were looking to improve on last year or just get to the finish line they all had goals in mind. The weather made it tough but it was great to everyone cross the finish line in one piece and still smiling.
You Might Also Enjoy Reading
- Tough Mudder 2014 - May 4th, 2014
- Tour of Northland Cycle Challenge - Day 4 - The Final Countdown - March 24th, 2014
- Tour of Northland Cycle Challenge - Day 3 - 88kms - The Easy Day (who was I kidding) - March 24th, 2014
- Tour of Northland Cycle Challenge - Day 2 - 84kms - The Big Hill Day - March 24th, 2014
- Tour of Northland Cycle Challenge - Day 1 - 92.2kms - March 24th, 2014