Over ANZAC weekend my daughter Kiera and her Dad competed in the XRACE Grand Final in Roturua. The XRACE is mystery adventure race where teams are made up of a child and their parent/caregiver.
It’s a great event to take part in, seeing parents and their kids working together to get through challenges is a great thing. Some of the challenges were physical such as the inflatable obstacle course on water or completing the correct choreography to the chorus to Pharell Williams’ “Happy” (Kiera passed no problem while Dad got a pass based on entertainment value). Other challenges were more mental such navigating Rotorua by bus or completing a 20 piece 3d puzzle.
The XRACE is a rare opportunity for parents to team up with their kids and take part in healthy competition. The kids get to see another side of their parents while kids get to show their parents how they can be calm under pressure and push themselves that little bit further to cross that finish line.
For sure we will be taking part next year, look out for the regional races starting early 2015. Also check the www.xrace.co.nz website for info and news.
You Might Also Enjoy Reading
- ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT FOR MUD, MUD GLORIOUS MUD - July 6th, 2014
- Ride Rotorua this year with a twist..... - July 6th, 2014
- BROCCOLI SOUP - THE PERFECT, SIMPLE, WINTER WARMER - July 6th, 2014
- MAKE THE NEXT 6 WEEKS COUNT - July 6th, 2014
- WAIPU MUD RUN IS BACK FOR 2014 - Saturday 26th July - May 4th, 2014